Here is a list of all the reasons why bicycles and cycling are better than cars and driving:
- Cycling is great exercise; cars are just sitting.
- Bikes aren’t polluting the world with disgusting exhaust.
- Bicycles are much less expensive than automobiles.
- No gas price concerns. If the price of gas is going up, that’s a car problem.
- Traffic jam? Not for a cyclist, just ride on by.
- Car insurance sure is expensive, don’t need it for a bicycle.
- Won’t get door dings in a parking lot with a bike.
- Can be hard to find a parking spot with a car, not a problem with a bike.
- Never seen a parking meter for a bicycle.
- Can ride paths and trails where cars can’t go.
- Riding a bike is way more fun than boring old driving a car.
- General maintenance is much, much cheaper for bicycles.
- Don’t need a jack to work on your bicycle.
- Won’t ever get crushed under your bike while working on it.
- A bicycle won’t leak oil on your garage floor.
- Won’t ever burn yourself on a hot exhaust pipe with a bicycle.
- Can get a whole bike frame painted for a fraction of the cost of painting a car.
- Car can have difficult to fix electrical problems, not a problem with a bicycle.
- Bikes don’t have lots of fluids like oil, transmission fluid, and coolant you must dispose of.
- Never need to get your bike tested for emissions.
- Bike tires are much cheaper than car tires.
- Much easier to teach yourself to work on bikes than cars.
- Classic bikes are way cheaper than classic cars.
- Bigger collection, you can fit many more bikes in the garage than cars.
- Restoring an old bike is way cheaper than an old car.
- Don’t have to waste time with titles and registration collecting bikes.
- Classic bikes are prettier.
There may be some downsides to bikes, but I don’t see the point of getting into those. 😊